Today, and as our first post (yay!), we want to cook with you a delicious recipe: Chicken Nasi Goreng
Nasi Goreng is a popular rice dish in Indonesia and Malaysia. Its name literally means “fried rice”. Have you been in Bali? In that case, the name of this superb yet simple dish must ring a bell for sure!
Since this is a traditional dish, there are as many variants as rice grains in a plate, so in the following lines we will show you how we prepare it at home!
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white rice (we use Basmati)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1/2 spring onion (sliced)
- 100 g chicken breast (sliced)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Optional (but not really): 2 sunny side up eggs
- To prepare rice: Pour 1 cup of water into a pot and add some salt; bring it to boil under high heat. Add rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- In a wok (or large skillet) heat oil over high heat. Add sliced spring onion and chopped garlic, stir.
- Add sliced chicken and cook until it turns white.
- Crack an egg into the wok and mix well.
- Add sweet soy sauce, lime juice, chili flakes, sriracha and salt; mix well.
- Add the previously prepared rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Voilà! Your Nasi Goreng is (almost) ready.
Serve with a sunny side up egg and sliced spring onion on top.